Direct Mail should be an essential part of your comprehensive marketing plan. Direct Mail can deliver a high level of personalization with response triggers that hit the target at just the right time. Though direct mail has been around forever (see Ben Franklin for details), it still has an incredibly high ROI with an average of $12.57 in sales for each $1 spent. If you are thinking about a direct mail campaign, consider the following tips to generate the most response.
- Targeting and personalization – better lists and access to information allows us to target and personalize printed pieces like never before. Personalizing can go beyond adding the recipients first name to the printed piece. You must start here…with a good list. It’s key.
- Send multiple campaigns – as with many marketing tools, sending one direct mail piece will not yield you the desired results. A consistent campaign that builds upon itself will see the highest ROI. Better to send 4 pieces to the same smaller target than to send once to a bigger target.
- Calls to action – each piece that goes out should have a call to action (CTA). Each CTA should be clear, compelling, varied and repeated many times on the printed material.
- Ways to respond – to maximize response rate, give the recipient multiple ways to respond. Pre-paid postcards, order forms, QR codes linking to a landing page, SMS response are all ways you can encourage a response to your mailing.
- More is better – recipients spend more time with physical mail than with digital messages. Make sure all of the necessary information appears on the marketing piece. If space is an issue, be sure to tell the reader where to get more information.
Need help creating the perfect direct mail campaign? We’re here to help you! Give us a call today at 615-893- 4290 to discuss how direct mail can help your business grow.