Customers are the lifeblood of your business, so you have to ask yourself, “are you giving them what they need?” 97% of all shoppers research products and services online before buying. Yet, many small business websites miss key elements consumers are looking for in their search.
Review your site today to ensure it includes:
- Hours of operation: Customers don’t like showing up to a closed store.
- Correct address: Help them with maps and local landmarks nearby.
- Phone number: If they have a question and can’t find your number, they may contact a competitor.
- Easy navigation: If they cannot find the information they want easily, they will move on.
- Lipstick and rouge: Sites need updating to keep things fresh. Trends change. Judgments about the quality of your products and services are made while viewing your site. Make sure yours sends the right message.
Making a good first impression could mean the difference between them staying and buying, or moving on to your competitor. Since research can be done from a desktop, laptop, tablet, phone (even your wrist if you’ve added a little tech-style to your wardrobe), don’t overlook the tiny—but very important—details on every device.