It’s October and we’re still wearing shorts and sandals, however, now is the time to start planning holiday promotions.
In a HubSpot blog post, marketing expert Rachel Sprung outlined a six-step process to prepare your marketing for the holidays. Develop a campaign strategy. This will provide structure and guidance so the holiday frenzy does not overwhelm you.
- Design your marketing for both niche and mainstream holidays. Christmas isn’t the only day people care about. Think about the different holidays that resonate well for your users.
- Produce holiday-themed offers. Keep your marketing efforts timely and relevant to maximize audience engagement and ROI.
- Create a social media plan. Audience engagement on social media during the holidays is typically smaller than normal. Plan accordingly so you aren’t relying on social media for exposure.
- Rethink ad copy. Many of your existing ads can be recycled for your holiday campaign. Include holiday-themed keywords and graphics to grab people’s attention.
- Prioritize customer delight. Brands need to remember that the holidays are about enjoying good company and having fun.
Planning your marketing and promotions for the holidays now will help ensure a successful and profitable season. Let’s get to it! If you need some help, email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (615) 893-4290 and we’ll be glad to help.