Regardless of your title or job description, you will often find yourself working with a team to complete a task or solve a problem.
Findings from a recent Google article shows there are 5 key traits teams need to have in order to succeed.
1. Psychological safety – team members need to feel safe to take risks and be vulnerable in front of each other.
2. Dependability – team members need to get tasks done on time and with expected quality.
3. Structure and clarity – each team member should have a clear role, plan and goal.
4. Meaning – the work of the team is personally important to each member. I call this “worthwhile work.”
5. Impact – each team member needs to feel their work matters and creates positive change.
These traits are important to teams working on projects; they are important for every employee/team member in your company. Creating a culture based on these 5 foundational traits helps employees perform up to expectations; these 5 characteristics will help your team members feel more satisfied with their work.