Humans are very visual; we are attracted to pretty, bright, colorful pictures more than simple text.
Here are some facts on why visuals actually do communicate better than words:
- 93% of communication is non-verbal.
- Images take less time to process than text. Our brains process images 60,000 times faster than text.
- 60% of people are visual learners. Facebook photos perform best for likes and shares compared to text, video and links.
- We remember things that are presented visually more easily than simply being told or reading about them.
- Publishers who use infographics grow their traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t.
Think of every single image you add to a blog or social media as a little piece of advertising lift within that post. Capture interest with your pictures; your messages will be read and shared. Ironic isn’t it? You just read an email without visuals. Text still works; take it to the next level with visuals.