Meetings are a necessary part of doing business. Some even call them a “necessary evil.”
Business meetings often have little return on a large time investment. Try these tips to make sure your meetings are productive.
- Read and study Patrick Lencioni’s book Death by Meeting.
- Communicate a clear objective for the meeting in advance.
- Create and send out an agenda with the meeting invitation.
- Make sure all, and only, necessary individuals are included in the meeting.
- Stick to start and end times.
- Have a clear leader.
- Take notes.
- Follow up.
Paul J. Meyer said, “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” Try these 8 tips for your next meetings and see how much your productivity increases as a result of intelligent planning.